Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Part 1/5: White House Grammar School - Startup

Most of us living in Karachi have heard about White House Grammar School. It has seven branches and the main is in Gulshan-e-Iqbal opposite Patel Hospital. In this post I'll be sharing about my experiences in WHGS and you’ll have an idea about the school too while going through.


Well this is how my journey in WHGS started. I joined the school in 2005 as a Montessori Directress. I was actually heading towards the school who called me for job interview when I saw WHGS’ main campus on my way there, so I thought of dropping my CV there as well since I was in search of a job.

At that time I had no idea about WHGS at all that it is known to be one of the good schools in Gulshan and that they score good mark in Board Exams. The reception office was quite impressive I must admit. I handed my CV to the receptionist and she asked me to fill up their application form. I still remember answering a question which was part of the application that still makes me laugh whenever I think of it. It went like this,

Q. How did you come to know about White House Grammar School?

and my answer was: To be honest, I don’t know anything about your school. I’m actually heading somewhere else when i came across your school so I thought of dropping my resume here.

Anyway after filling up the form, I stood up to leave but the receptionist stopped me and asked me to wait. Soon I was sent to a very ordinary-looking office of the Vice Principal. Th VP then was Mrs. Seema Malik. The interview went well and I was called for a three days class demonstration from the next day and I was appointed right after just the two days demo was completed.

Next: Part 2/5: White House Grammar School - The Ground Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment